[lxc-users] DRBD in LXC container?

Jeremiah Snapp jeremiah.snapp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 19:57:21 UTC 2014

Thanks for the suggestion but I still can't get DRBD to work in a container.

Can someone explain to me what it the 'drbd' generic netlink family even is
please?

The following was run from inside the container.

root at saucy:~# service drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.4.3 (api:1/proto:86-101)
srcversion: 5CF35A4122BF8D21CC12AE2
m:res  cs  ro  ds  p  mounted  fstype

root at saucy:~# drbdadm attach pc0
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family
Command 'drbdsetup attach 0 /dev/loop1 /dev/loop1 internal
--resync-rate=40M' terminated with exit code 20

Here's the container's LXC config.

lxc.aa_profile = unconfined
lxc.mount = /var/lib/lxc/saucy/fstab
lxc.mount.entry = proc proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = sysfs sys sysfs defaults 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/fs/fuse/connections sys/fs/fuse/connections none
bind,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/debug sys/kernel/debug none bind,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/kernel/security sys/kernel/security none
bind,optional 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /sys/fs/pstore sys/fs/pstore none bind,optional 0 0
lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.devttydir = lxc
lxc.arch = x86_64