[lxc-users] DRBD in LXC container?

Jeremiah Snapp jeremiah.snapp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 14:43:05 UTC 2014

Well, installing and enabling the DRBD modules in the host at least got
/proc/drbd available in the container.

And I can run the following successfully.

root at be2:~# drbdadm create-md pc0
Writing meta data...
initializing activity log
NOT initializing bitmap
New drbd meta data block successfully created.

But, when I try to bring up the resource it fails.

root at be2:~# drbdadm up pc0
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family
Command 'drbdsetup new-resource pc0' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm: new-minor pc0: skipped due to earlier error

I don't understand what the netlink is or how to get connected to it.  Can
anyone help please?

Thanks,
Jeremiah