[lxc-users] Full network device access in the container

Piotr R tytus64 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 19:05:28 UTC 2014

Thanks for your help Serge.

Unfortunately I hit another problem. When I start my container with
networking commented out my console does not display the login prompt and I
see the following error messages after lxc-start:
udevd[74]: bind failed: Address already in use

udevd[74]: error binding control socket, seems udevd is already running

Here is my config file:

# cat /var/lib/lxc/clp/config
#lxc.network.type = empty
#lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs
lxc.utsname = clp
lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.mount = /var/lib/lxc/clp/fstab

And I use the following fstab file:
# cat /var/lib/lxc/clp/fstab
/dev      /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/dev      none bind 0 0
/dev/pts  /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/dev/pts  none bind 0 0
/sys      /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/sys      none bind 0 0

/clp_data/data           /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/data           none bind 0
0
/clp_data/encrypted-data /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/encrypted-data none bind 0
0
/clp_data/cache-data    /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/cache-data     none bind 0 0
/clp_data/core          /var/lib/lxc/clp/rootfs/core           none bind 0 0

If I uncomment lxc.network.* statements my container comes up with no
problems and my console works as expected.
Any ideas what is udev control socket? How can I get my console login
prompt?

Thanks,

Piotr

Piotr