[lxc-users] Linux container fail behind the proxy

Gandhi, Ibha (HP Software) ibhag at hp.com
Fri Jan 10 08:32:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am deploying application(for example mysql) on linux containers using juju.
Linux container is successfully created and I get public ip.
I connected to this ip and ran this command "sudo apt-get install git" inside the conatiner:

Here is the output
sudo: unable to resolve host root-local-machine-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  git-man liberror-perl
Suggested packages:
  git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-arch git-cvs git-svn git-email git-gui gitk gitweb
  git git-man liberror-perl
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 6,741 kB of archives.
After this operation, 15.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
0% [Connecting to <proxy_server>]

Err http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1
  Could not connect to proxy_server:8080 (proxy_server), connection timed out

Please let me know if I need to do some configuration to make the container work behind the proxy.

Thanks,
Ibha