[lxc-users] Best practice for sharing folder between lxc-guests?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 27 12:17:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Friedemann Stoffregen
<friedemann.stoffregen at student.fh-kiel.de> wrote:
> Ah sorry guys,
> here are some more informations:
>
> As Fajar correctly pointed out, I'm using ubuntu's ppa with lxc 1.0.
>
> This is the error-message I'm receiving:
> lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response
>
> I thought that would be caused by concurrent rw mounts...

Not sure where that error comes from, but I'm using this (the default
from ubuntu template)

lxc.mount = /var/lib/lxc/container_name/fstab

... and the content of fstab (the one refered in the config, not the
one in container rootfs) is similar to this

/data/path_on_host   data/share    none    rbind   0 0

tested only on two containers, works so far. The "rbind" is useful
since in my case I use zfs, which has several different FS under the
shared path. rbind makes everything under the shared path available to
the containers.

Perhaps try again, using newly-created containers from ubuntu
template, to help narrow down your problem?

--
Fajar