[lxc-users] lxc-ls question

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 19:59:16 UTC 2014

Hello,
My question is about lxc.1.0:

I want first to verify that my understanding is correct:
lxc-ls, which is a python script, is created both when using
--enable-python and when not using --enable-python in ./configure.
And in fact, --enable-python is not needed so that it will work.

Please let me know if I am correct in this (and I would appreciate if
somebody will elaborate about what is --enable-python for).

Second, I have a Fedora 20 x86_64 machine on which docker is
installed; as part of
docker rpm installation, it installs lxc 0.9.

I want to do tests with lxc-1.0 on this machine without
removing docker, so I had installed lxc-1.0 from the tar file
from http://linuxcontainers.org/downloads/

I had run this:
./configure --enable-python  --prefix=/test
make && make install
export PATH=/test/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/test/lib

lxc-ls
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/test/bin/lxc-ls", line 31, in <module>
    import lxc
ImportError: No module named 'lxc'
I also tried without --enable-python (though it seems to me not needed at all):

./configure   --prefix=/test
make && make install
export PATH=/test/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/test/lib

lxc-ls
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/test/bin/lxc-ls", line 31, in <module>
    import lxc
ImportError: No module named 'lxc'

Any ideas ?
I would appreciate if somebody will test it on his machine (Ubunut/other) and
tell me it does work (and on which distro and the distro version)

Kevin