[lxc-users] No Redhat template

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 20 12:04:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:01:24AM +0000, Jon Brinkmann wrote:> I'm not
> familiar with Oracle's policies, but I found
> > differences between their lxc instructions and Centos'.
> >
> > I'll work on a SL template, which uses the SL repos, and submit it to
> > lxc-devel.
>
>   It would actually be interesting to find out what changes need to be
> done for the SL template compared to the CentOS one, if any are
> required, my guess is that you will end up with the same except for
> the resources URLs, release package name, and possibly the path for the
> cache and release file.

IIRC Oracle template make it to the official repo befor the official centos
one. Some of the differences came from different approach in error handling
(e.g. difference in RPM library version between host and container).

Personally I suggest using the centos one as base for SL template, since it
came later, and have had some review and suggestions from the community.

--
Fajar