[lxc-users] Setting up containers with multiple logical volumes

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 02:04:33 UTC 2014

Okay, I think it's all figured out.  I made the change you suggested to
my test container and it mounted my LV to /mnt successfully in the
container.  I then took another look at my other container and it looks
like I had a bad lxc.mount.entry entry (knew it had to be something
simple). I had:

root at reaver:~# cat /var/lib/lxc/ldap_baneling/config | grep lxc.mount.entry
lxc.mount.entry                     = proc
/var/lib/lxc/dns_defiler/rootfs/proc         proc
    nodev,noexec,nosuid    0      0
lxc.mount.entry                     = devpts
/var/lib/lxc/dns_defiler/rootfs/dev/pts    devptsdefaults00
lxc.mount.entry                     = sysfs
/var/lib/lxc/dns_defiler/rootfs/syssysfsdefaults0 0
lxc.mount.entry             = /mnt/lxc/ldap/tmp
/var/lib/lxc/ldap_baneling/rootfs/tmpnonedefaults             00

I'm not sure where I pulled "none" from for the fstype, but when you
mentioned that you didn't specify that in your config line either it
made me check mine (mine is xfs not ext4 but the point is the same).  I
also changed thefile system line to "/dev/vg_lxc1/lv_ldap_tmp1" and
changed the mount point to just "tmp". Now I have:

lxc.mount.entry                         = proc
proc        proc nodev,noexec,nosuid    0    0
lxc.mount.entry                         = devpts
dev/pts    devpts defaults        0    0
lxc.mount.entry                         = sysfs
sys        sysfs defaults        0    0
lxc.mount.entry                         = /dev/vg_lxc1/lv_ldap_var1
var        xfs    defaults     0    0
lxc.mount.entry                         = /dev/vg_lxc1/lv_ldap_tmp1
tmp               xfs defaults        0    0

Everything seems to be working correctly now. Thanks for all your help,
Josh