[lxc-users] Setting up containers with multiple logical volumes

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 17 16:55:17 UTC 2014

Quoting Joshua Schaeffer (jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com):
> I still can't get this to work, I'm sure I'm missing something
> simple or obvious. To recap, I'm trying to use an LVM logical volume
> for my container's /var and /tmp partitions. Since I've been unable
> to get this to work, I've just beenfocusing on getting /tmp to work.
> I changed my mount points and my container's config:
>
> Here are my logical volume onthe host:
>
> root at reaver:~# lvdisplay /dev/vg_lxc1/lv_ldap_tmp1

Could you please create a new container, 'testme1', and just add to its
/var/lib/lxc/testme1/config the entry

lxc.mount.entry = /dev/vg_lxc1/lv_ldap_tmp1 lv_ldap defaults,create=dir 0 0

Then do

lxc-start -n testme1 -l trace -o testme1.out

and send testme1.out here (assuming that fails to start)?

thanks,
-serge