[lxc-users] Use rootfs images to avoid lxc-create

Robin Monjo robin.monjo at applidget.com
Wed Feb 12 17:42:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the answers. My problem is when I untar my rootfs. Got lots of errors such as:

tar: ./rootfs/dev/mixer: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./rootfs/dev/ram5: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./rootfs/dev/midi01: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./rootfs/dev/mixer3: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./rootfs/dev/midi00: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted

I “tared" my file with tar cpjf and untar it with tar xf

Any idea what’s going wrong ?

Regards,
Robin