[lxc-users] /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports does not exist

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 11 15:50:35 UTC 2014

Quoting Flo (florian.engelmann at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I tried to setup a glusterfs-server inside Ubuntu 14.04 LXC containers
>
> lxc-create --version
> 1.0.0.beta4
>
> 3.13.0-8-generic #27-Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> but the "Self-Healing" daemon does not start because of:
>
> W [common-utils.c:2247:gf_get_reserved_ports] 0-glusterfs: could not open
> the file /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports for getting reserved
> ports info (No such file or directory)
>

> sysctl -a |  grep ipv4.ip_local
> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 64000
>

> Any hints?

In the very near past, that file was not properly namespaced so it was
not safe to let containers access them.  Then it disappeared for a bit.
Now it's back and namespaced - but our apparmor policy doesn't yet allow
writing to that file.

You'll want to edit /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/lxc/container-base to
allow the write.  It's not as trivial as it should be :), but the
program I posted here a few days ago would make it trivial.

Please feel free to open a bug at http://pad.lv/u/lxc, as this is a bug
and should get fixed soon.

thanks,
-serge