[lxc-users] failed to start container on centos

Mingjiang Shi mrjewes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:42:20 UTC 2014

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  It still doesn't work.

[root at devmachine rootfs]# service cgconfig status
Running

[root at devmachine rootfs]# service libvirtd status
libvirtd (pid  2671) is running...

[root at devmachine rootfs]# lxc-start -n c1 -d
lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response

[root at devmachine rootfs]# lxc-start -n c1
lxc-start: unknown capability mac_admin
lxc-start: failed to drop capabilities
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'c1'

Any idea about this error message: "lxc-start: unknown capability
mac_admin"?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
<kikitux at gmail.com>wrote:

> try this:
>
> chkconfig cgconfig on
> service cgconfig restart
>
> service libvirtd start
>
> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>
> if you want the containers to access the network/internet
>
> add
>
> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>
> to /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> Alvaro.
>

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:06 AM, Mingjiang Shi <mrjewes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> I am a newbie to lxc and trying to use lxc on centos.  I downloaded
>> source code from github, built it on centos 6, and managed to create my
>> first linux container using centos template.  Everything went well so far.
>>
>> However, I got the following error when trying to start it:
>>
>> lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response
>>
>> My machine has libcgroup installed already:
>> # rpm -qa | grep cgroup
>> libcgroup-devel-0.40.rc1-5.el6_5.1.x86_64
>> libcgroup-0.40.rc1-5.el6_5.1.x86_64
>>
>> I googled a lot, but didn't find any relevant information for running lxc
>> on centos. I appreciate any idea on the possible fix for this issue or
>> ideas on how to debug this, like how to enable more logs. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> -Mingjiang

Thanks