[lxc-users] Use rootfs images to avoid lxc-create

Robin Monjo robin.monjo at applidget.com
Mon Feb 10 21:05:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’d like to avoid the lxc-create step and directly use a “static” rootfs (that I can download for example).

I’ve tried a really naive approach, by creating a rootfs using the ubuntu template and then compress the resulting rootfs folder and reuse it but it didn’t work (some issue with mount points that couldn’t be satisfied).

The idea is really to avoid the lxc-create step in order to not depend on templates (that are scripts, that may change, that may work differently on different system …)

Any clue on how to achieved that ?

Regards,
Robin

PS: big congrats to all the work done on lxc which is really an amazing tech !