[lxc-users] container/config: why "lxc." in front of config option names?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Feb 1 16:13:39 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 12:59 +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,

> The "lxc." in the config option names seems to be constant, so I wonder
> what it is good for?

It allows us to extend the configuration file for other scripts and
such.  For a long while I've used it for autoboot options, before
Stéphane added them in runup for the 1.0 release (still only in GIT).

So my scripts would used something like this:

# lxc-boot.autoboot...
# =0 => Do not boot automatically
# >0 => Boot order/phase
# <0 => Disabled
lxc-boot.autoboot = 10
lxc-boot.delay = 2

lxc-system.description = "Alcove system"

The core lxc code would then ignore anything in the lxc-boot or
lxc-system domain as not relevant.

For at least the autoboot case, Stéphane has added these options for the
new lxc-autostart command in the upcoming 1.0.0 release:

lxc.start.auto = 1
lxc.start.order = 1
lxc.start.delay = 10
lxc.group = X-Force

But...  If you add them now to a configuration file for 0.9.0, it's
going to hurl chunks at you and tell you that you have invalid options.

> Its hard to search for "lxc.". Please excuse if this has been asked
> before.

> Regards
> Harri

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com