[lxc-users] Cannot unlink/rename over host-level file that has been bind-mounted out of a container

Barry Jaspan barry.jaspan at acquia.com
Mon Dec 15 19:34:16 UTC 2014

Interestingly, the host's /other_file is *not* busy; it can be unlinked
outside the container even though it a bind-mounted into the container:

# lxc-execute -n test -f test.config -- sleep 30 &
[1] 16178
# rm /other_file
# fg
lxc-execute -n test -f test.config -- sleep 30
^C
#

This leaves me with no intuition about what it means for the file to be
"busy" due to bind-mounting.

Barry