[lxc-users] lxc-top packaging

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 28 14:58:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 04:22:03PM +0200, Tamas Papp wrote:

> On 08/28/2014 04:10 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> >On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:15:14AM +0200, Tamas Papp wrote:
> >>hi All,
> >>
> >>Why is it not built and included in the (ppa) package?
> >>What about the lua bindings?
> >lxc-top is included in the daily and daily-stable-1.0 PPAs if you
> >install the lua-lxc package.
> >
> >It's however not in the stable PPA or in the Ubuntu Archive because some
> >of its dependencies aren't packaged and therefore had to be directly
> >bundled within the package (which is fine for a PPA but isn't policy
> >compliant with the Ubuntu archive).
> >

> Does it mean it will never be in the stable ppa?

The stable PPA is a clean backport of what's in the Ubuntu archive, so
once we have the missing lua dependencies in Ubuntu itself and can build
lua-lxc there, then it'll get into stable.

I have however no idea of when that may happen, last I checked, there
was just a request for package in Debian for lua getopt which when it
gets done should resolve our problem.