[lxc-users] API docs for LXC Python calls

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 23 15:43:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 09:53:51PM -0700, Kevin LaTona wrote:
> I was looking for docs on the Python LXC API calls…... but it appears the link is not currently working.
>
> https://qa.linuxcontainers.org/master/current/doc/api/
>
> https://linuxcontainers.org
>

> Any one know of any other links to other current Python API docs ?
>
> I've been reading and working through source, but know I must be missing parts along the way.

Our various bindings tend to be as close to the C API as possible, so
the C API doc mostly applies.

In the case of python3, you also have a few more examples in:
https://www.stgraber.org/2014/02/05/lxc-1-0-scripting-with-the-api/

And example scripts are also in the branch:
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/tree/master/src/python-lxc/examples

All functions should also have an help message associated to them, at
least listing what they take as input and what to expect as output.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer