[lxc-users] How to bring up a container from rootfs tarball

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:47:34 UTC 2014

> If you have your OWN root image (e.g. dump from a server), then it's a
> different story. Look at each template to see what modifications are needed.
> For ubuntu, see configure_ubuntu() on /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu.

I think that's an interesting point: It would be nice if one could
call that part of the template script that transforms a 'raw' root fs
into an lxc-suited root fs separately.

This would have other advantages, too: for example, when a newer
version of the template script does some things differently, one could
use it to 'update' the existing root fs without the need to download
things again.

- Thomas