[lxc-users] How to cancel lxc-autostart

Tom Weber l_lxc-users at mail2news.4t2.com
Sat Aug 9 14:57:08 UTC 2014

Everything is there already. Even in real world.
you could:
- define a run level for this purpose
- delay the autostart
- run your own script during bootup which asks you wether it should kick
off the lxc-autostart process or not - it might default to yes after a
timeout if no input occurs
- create your own script which would check the grub commandline for a
nolxcstartup parameter

there are plenty of ways which are way better than firing a bullet and
then requesting a feature to cancel it.
All of them are rather trivial to implement. Any professional admin to
host 300 containers should be able to do it. Yet you don't seem to even
have tried any of these solutions.

  Tom