[lxc-users] Autostart LXC containers?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Apr 30 19:18:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 14:46 -0400, CDR wrote:
> I know how to autostart a libvirt LXC container with the machine, but
> have not found how to do the same with pure LXC containers. I don't
> mean the hard way, writing a systmd service. I mean simpler way.
> Any idea?

What version of LXC are you running and on what platform.  The systemd
service should already be there and, as Stéphane pointed out, all you
need to do is add "lxc.start.auto = 1" to the configuration file.  You
need to be running lxc 1.0.0 or better, though.  If you're on Fedora 20,
you'll need to update to rawhide or something newer like building from
the download tarballs, as Fedora 20 currently only has 0.9.0.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com