[lxc-users] php mail on fedora containers

István Király LaKing at D250.hu
Wed Apr 30 02:50:54 UTC 2014

Hello list, ...

I have a simple test.php that uses the mail function to send a test email,
used in an lxc-fedora-template based container.

When called from command line, it works fine, but when called over the web:

PHP Warning:  mail: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/var/www/html/test.php on line 7
Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.

I was able to get rid of some error messages and to get mail return true by
adding some permissions for the /var/spool directory, but not to get the
mail out. ...
This seems to be hacking around, and I'm not sure this should be done this
way. usually  full fedora has no such problems, do I miss some package
possibly? Mail, sendmail, postfix - all installed, and working.

Anyone had similar issues with the fedora or other templates - and a
solution, or suggestions?

Thank you - greetings.

--
Király István