[lxc-users] Problem with CentOS download from images.linuxcontainers.org

Matt Saunders matts at yoyo.org
Mon Apr 28 21:26:24 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I'm enjoying using the lxc-download template to get slimmed down
containers.  This works really well for me with the Ubuntu container.

However, I'm having a problem with the CentOS 6 amd64 one at
http://images.linuxcontainers.org/images/centos/6/amd64/default/20140426_02:16/

The post-create message says "The default root password is: root" but I
can't log in on the console with that password.  I have to edit
/etc/shadow manually to get into the container but it'd be much easier
to know what the password actually is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Matt.