[lxc-users] Failure to start a container with 'lxc.seccomp' option set

Nels Nelson nels.n.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 01:46:54 UTC 2014

Greetings list,-

When starting a container with any template to verify it works, and then
modifying the generated configuration by adding the 'lxc.seccomp' option,
and restarting the container, I get this error:

    # lxc-create -n test -t ubuntu
    [ creates successfully ]
    # lxc-start -n test -d
    # lxc-attach -n test -- bash
    root at test:/# exit
    exit
    # lxc-stop -n test
    # echo 'lxc.seccomp = /tmp/whitelist' | tee -a /var/lib/lxc/test/config
    lxc.seccomp = /tmp/whitelist
    # lxc-start -n test -d
    lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response

No combination or configuration of syscall enumerations in the whitelist
appears to make any difference.

I am using version 1.0.3 of the lxc software which has been compiled with
seccomp enabled.  My kernel is version 3.12.15.

Thanks,
-Nels