[lxc-users] Recipe for running opengl apps inside LXC with proprietary nvidia driver?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 22 23:20:49 UTC 2014

Does anyone have a recipe for running opengl apps in a container
on a host with an nvidia graphics card yet?

I know the nvidia driver has to be installed and loaded in the host's kernel
(of course).  Where does X have to run -- can it be on the host,
the container, or either?

I can start fooling around given past posts, just wondering if anyone
has summed up the current state of things in an easy to use form.

https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2013-February/004696.html
says it just works (assuming you do a few things)

https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2011-April/001817.html
says it works (assuming you follow a long list of steps)

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-May/msg01653.html
hints that it works with just a few tweaks

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-June/msg00013.html
says libvirt does it better

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/18003/linux-lxc-deploying-images-with-tiniest-possible-x11
talks about it a bit, and has similar long list of steps

(https://www.stgraber.org/2012/11/16/running-steam-in-a-lxc-container/
hints at one,
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/howto/lxc/nvidia.html shows how to at
least build such apps in the container,