[lxc-users] Is it possible to create a wireless bridge with proxy_arp

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Sat Apr 19 14:57:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

While it is easy to have the containers in the same net as the host using
veth interfaces and a bridge on the host, this does not work when the host
is connected to the network through a wireless device.

Using KVM guests, one may overcome the difficulties creating a tap device
for the guest, enabling proxy_arp on both the tap and wireless devices then
adding the host IP address to the tap interface then a route from the host
to the guest (see e.g.
http://blog.ericwhite.ca/articles/2011/04/creating-a-wireless-bridge/).

I've googled around for some time tonight to find if this would be possible
to set up with LXC containers but it does not seem to. Am I wrong ?

If not are there any plan about something like this ?

This would be very handy on laptop.

Cheers,

Patrice