[lxc-users] vCPU controlling for LXC

Xingjun Wang wongxingjun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:17:44 UTC 2014

Hi,guys! I've been using LXC to do my CS homework recently. I want to
develop a manage system like virtManager to manage my LXCs with libvirt
APIs(python binding).But the problem existed in vCPU controlling. When I
run the command:
jack at jack:~$ virsh -c lxc:/// vcpuinfo lxc1
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
virDomainGetVcpus

jack at jack:~$ virsh -c lxc:/// vcpupin lxc1
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
virDomainGetVcpuPinInfo

jack at jack:~$ virsh -c lxc:/// vcpucount lxc1
error: Failed to retrieve maximum vcpu count
error: Failed to retrieve current vcpu count

I wonder is there any other way to change the vCPU amount.
(LXC1.0.0 and libvirt1.1.1 are used in the test)

Thank you!