[lxc-users] Question about existing defaults

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:04:13 UTC 2014

I am using Fedora 20 and try to compile the very latest sources,
because they bring new utilities that are very useful.
You would assume, I think, that by using ./configure
--with-distro=fedora, the right defaults would be pulled over. It is
not the case. I need to know how to apply the existing defaults if the
software is already running in the box, so the libraries and utilities
do not get written to a different places. Particularly annoying is the
location of the config files.
In summary, don't we agree that by using the distro name, the software
should either extract or know the right defaults? Unless somebody has
a secret way to extract that information from the RPM offered by the
distribution.

Philip