[lxc-users] Nested containers (cont'd)

Nels Nelson nels.n.nelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:23:39 UTC 2014

So I attempted to follow Stephane's instructions here:
https://www.stgraber.org/2013/12/21/lxc-1-0-advanced-container-usage/

In order to create some nested containers.

It is important to note that Stephane's blog does not indicate actually
starting a nested container, but only creating it.

Also, I can create containers with and without using the apparmor
configuration option that he specified as being necessary.

https://gist.github.com/nelsnelson/10174120

However, as you can see in the gist, I still get this error when trying to
start the inner container with and without the apparmor option set:

    lxc-start: cgroupfs failed to detect cgroup metadata
    lxc-start: failed initializing cgroup support
    lxc-start: failed to spawn 'inner'

Again, just to be clear:

    $ uname -sr
    Linux 3.12.15
    $ cat /etc/os-release
    PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
    $ aptitude search apparmor
    i A libapparmor1                       - changehat AppArmor library
    $ lxc-info --version
    1.0.2

And my lxc has been compiled with apparmor enabled.

Thanks,
-Nels