[lxc-users] PAM auth-user problem in containers

István Király LaKing at D250.hu
Mon Apr 7 18:07:13 UTC 2014

uname -r
3.13.6-200.fc20.x86_64

.. its strange as it was working for a while, and I didn't update the
kernel recently.

uptime
 20:06:41 up 13 days, 20:01,  1 user,  load average: 2.16, 2.61, 2.12

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Quoting István Király (LaKing at D250.hu):
>> Hello List, ..
>>
>> I have a couple of Fedora containers on a Fedora host.
>> Everything was working fine for a while but suddenly, users can not login.
>>
>> - I set password for a certain-user.
>> - I log in as another-user
>> su certain-user
>> password: <I enter the simple password>
>> su: Authentication failure
>>
>> The main problem is actually that dovecot auth is failing too, as it
>> is PAM based.
>>
>> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>
> I suspect it's pam-loginuid.  What is your kernel version?
>
> -serge

István Király
+36 209 753 758
LaKing at D250.hu