[lxc-users] Do nested containers require that unprivileged container creation be supported?

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 19:37:56 UTC 2014

Hi, Nels,

Regarding you question, as appeared as the subject of your post:
"Do nested containers require that unprivileged container creation be
supported?"

Fedora 20 does not support user namespaces, as lxc-checkconfig shows;
so it does not support unprivileged containers. However, I had created
(with lxc-create) an LXC fedora container under Fedora 20. From within
that container I created a nested LXC busybox container, and I could
start that nested container successfully.

Best regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen