[lxc-users] Container Memory Monitoring

Christoph Mitasch cmitasch at thomas-krenn.com
Fri Apr 4 07:15:06 UTC 2014

Hello Serge,

thanks for feedback regarding the library. Is any development code for the library already available?

One more general question regarding memory limitation with containers.

Since memory.failcnt also fails when Page Cache fills up the assigned memory, what is the recommended way to limit memory for a container?

Is disk-based swap space used as soon as memory.limit_in_bytes is reached?
For me it would make more sense to free up Page Cache before writing memory out to disk.

Thanks,
Christoph