[lxc-users] Snapshot of a LXC container

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:12:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
First I assume that by stopping and starting the container you mean
checkpointing and restoring it, by CRIU.

The difference is that by lxc-snapshot you save only the filesystem state
of a container, whereas with checkpoint you save the full state of the
container process and its children.

Regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen