[Lxc-users] Connection between 2 containers on 2 different hosts

Robin Monjo robin.monjo at applidget.com
Mon Sep 30 16:51:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to do a simple TCP connection using netcat between two containers both running on a different node. Here is my setup:

node1: containerA with nc -l 0.0.0.0 6379, host redirection: node1:6004 => containerA:6379

node2: containerB with nc node1.url 6004

I can reach my containerA from anywhere using "nc node1.url 6004", however I can't do it from inside my containerB. I'm using ubuntu 12.04 with the default lxc network configuration and use iptables for packet redirection.

Any idea where things could go wrong ?

Regards,
Robin