[Lxc-users] lxc-shutdown and guests running upstart

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Sun Sep 22 11:00:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

When setting up a centos lxc container from scratch I ran into the fact that
(according to my interpretation of my extensive googling) upstart-running
distributions cannot be gracefully coerced into shutting down via "lxc-
shutdown" ... this is true for both my manual centos and a lxc-fedora
generated fedora container ...

I have not found a way around this. Can anyone share how to configure an
upstart guest to listen to a "kill -s INT $pid" and/or "kill -s PWR $pid" as
used by lxc-shutdown?

Thank you for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh