[Lxc-users] veth interface not deleted?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Sep 18 06:31:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>wrote:
>
>>  I'm wondering
>>
> whether it could just be that there is a socket waiting for a tcp
>> timeout, holding the veth open.
>>

> It may be the case.
>
> However, doing "ip link del" on the host side (after the container was
> down) always succeded in deleting the veth.

After trying with saucy and latest 3.10 kernel, still the same bug, I gave
up trying to fix this. Just something I have to live with, I guess.

The strange thing is that dong "ip link del" from the host, even when the
container is up, succeeded. So there should be no problem related to socket
open.

Is there some kind of hook where I can add the "ip link del" command
manually when the container shuts down?

--
Fajar