[Lxc-users] LVM and XFS quota

Gary Ballantyne gary.ballantyne at haulashore.com
Wed Sep 18 04:43:41 UTC 2013

Hi All

I have a container running over a XFS logical volume, and would like to
employ user-level disk quota.

This doesn't work, but it seems like I need something like:

mount -o remount,uquota /var/lib/lxc/vm0/rootfs/

The change seems to stick:

/dev/mapper/lxc-vm0 on /var/lib/lxc/vm0/rootfs type xfs (rw,uquota)

But,

xfs_quota -xc 'report -h' /var/lib/lxc/vm0/rootfs/

yields

xfs_quota: cannot setup path for mount /var/lib/lxc/vm0/rootfs/: No such
device or address

I am pretty sure that XFS needs to be *initially* mounted with the quota
option --- but after rebooting I have lost the uquota.

My guess is that I need to change the way lxc initially mounts the LV,
but I've no idea how to go about that. Appreciate any insight anyone may
have.

Cheers

Gary