[Lxc-users] debian and cgroup behaviour

Andreas Laut andreas.laut at spark5.de
Tue Sep 17 06:56:21 UTC 2013

Dear list.

I've got the following error message with Debian squeeze (Kernel
2.6.32.5) and lxc 0.8:

"lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to rename cgroup
/sys/fs/cgroup//lxc/18381->/sys/fs/cgroup//lxc/vs-db"

lxc 0.7xx creates a folder under /sys/fs/cgroup/[init-process-id] and
renames this folder to /sys/fs/cgroup/[container-name]
lxc 0.8xx creates the same folder under
/sys/fs/cgroup/*lxc/*[init-process-id] and renames it to
/sys/fs/cgroup/*lxc*/[container-name]

This result in lxc 0.8 won't start containers in squeeze and throw the
rename error.
lxc 0.7 can start the containers.

And I don't know why. Anyone?

(please don't advise to upgrade to wheezy, this is part of our upgrading
tests :) )