[Lxc-users] Horrors using Debian Wheezy

Randall Smith randall at tnr.cc
Mon Sep 16 19:51:54 UTC 2013

Rob,

I'm using your template on an Ubuntu 12.04 stock LXC install.  I've run into
a problem trying to use shared memory with Python's multiprocessing library.
It relies on /dev/shm using tmpfs.  I tried mounting it with an entry:

lxc.mount.entry = tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

and variations of the above without success.

The included Ubuntu LXC template creates several tmpfs entries and I don't
have this problem with it, so I think the issue is with the Debian guest.  Do
you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Randall