[Lxc-users] veth interface not deleted?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Sep 11 23:33:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Quoting Fajar A. Nugraha (list at fajar.net):
> > I have a strange issue, in that if I stop a container (i.e. "poweroff"
> from
> > within a container) the tap interface is not deleted. I have to delete it
>
> What tap interface?

Sorry, brain freeze :) Played around with openvpn yesterday, and somehow
mixed up lxc's veth and openvpn's tap.

What I meant was veth. Edited the subject to reflect that.

macvlan and veth devices go away when the container
> is destroyed.

That's the thing. It doesn't go away on some cases.

I had other problems with the ppa daily version, so reverted back to
backports. Software versions:
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
linux-image-generic-lts-raring 3.8.0.30.30
linux-image-3.8.0-30-generic 3.8.0-30.44~precise1
lxc 0.8.0~rc1-4ubuntu39.12.10.2~ubuntu12.04.1

The problem seems to be related with current network traffic on the veth
interface. I have two containers on the same host, one (c1) with less than
100kbps traffic, another (c2) with about 5Mbps average traffic. When I stop
c2 (whether "shutdown" from the container, or "lxc-stop" from the host),
its veth interface remains.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Is this something related to kernel
version?

--
Fajar