[Lxc-users] veth vs macvlan

Kalyana sundaram kalyanceg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 07:52:10 UTC 2013

This is my experience, not sure if it is useful to you
I used macvlan on centos6.4 (2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64)
When I increase number of containers, the SUnreclaim part of memory
increased and due to this leak swap is heavily used and performance started
degrading. I tested on a couple of centos boxes and found this issue. Could
not pin point the reason though
Then I moved to Ubuntu 12.04. I am not hitting this issue with macvlan on
Ubuntu.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Ulli Horlacher <
framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> So far, I am using my containers with:
>
> lxc.network.type = veth
> lxc.network.link = br0
> lxc.network.name = eth0
>
> What is the difference ((dis)advantages) to the macvlan interface type?
>
> --
> Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
> Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
> Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
> Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
> 70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
> REF:<20131024064951.GB12072 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>

Kalyanasundaram
http://blogs.eskratch.com/