[Lxc-users] lxc with Linux bonding

wang yao yaowang2014 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 02:55:10 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I'm using lxc in my project, I want to combine lxc with Linux bonding, so
I've tried do Linux bonding with *mode=6* on the host, the bonding
interface is *bond0*, whose SLAVE are *eth0* and *eth1* of the host. And I
use *macvlan* type by the "lxc.network.link = bond0" to link the host and
the container.

The network part of lxc configuration like this:

lxc.network.type = macvlan
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = bond0
lxc.network. name = eth0
lxc.network.mtu = 1500

But, the problem is, when I use *ping* command inside the container, it
will lose about 80% packet! And if I change the bonding mode to others(ie.
0,1...) on the host, this problem will not occur any more.

Is there any one doing the same or similar thing like I do, and encountered
the problem?
Every helpful comment would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Yao