[Lxc-users] [newbie] Does lxc always needs init

Samuel Maftoul samuel.maftoul at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:31:33 UTC 2013

Hi !
I'm not sure, but , this is kind of the purpose of lxc-execute, to start a
container with an alternate init.
lxc-start does explicitly start /sbini/init, I'm not sure whether it's
overwritable or not.
(https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/src/lxc/lxc_start.c#L151)
IIRC, what docker does, is they put their daemon in place of /sbin/init,
which might also work for you !

--
Sam