[Lxc-users] lxc-instance fail

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Sat Oct 5 22:59:29 UTC 2013

On 10/04/2013 04:11 PM, Tamas Papp wrote:
> hi,
>
> Starting a container from cli by lxc-start works fine, lxc-info shows the right state.
>
> Using upstart:
>
> start lxc-instance NAME=archiva-test CONFIG=/tank/lxc/archiva-test/config
>
> # lxc-info -n archiva-test
> state:     STOPPED
>
> Though the container gets started.
>
> As a result I cannot use lxc-stop, lxc-ls or any other tool.
> But, stop lxc-instance... works fine.
>

> I was able to reproduce this issue on various machines with the latest daily build.
>

> Am I alone with this issue?

This issue is bigger problem then I thought.
If container is started with the upstart script, a second one can be
started via normal lxc-start.

Why is that?
I mean, lxc tools doesn't see the container itself for some reasong.
But should not the directory be locked by the previously running
container? Eg. though the rootfs.hold file.

It's quite a big issue, that two instance is able to run on the same
directory.

Thanks,
tamas