[Lxc-users] lxc-create -B zfs

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 1 05:14:59 UTC 2013

Quoting Tamas Papp (tompos at martos.bme.hu):
> On 06/18/2013 04:14 AM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >> ps.: Can we make at least configurable the mountpoint, so it can be set to the root of the container?
> > I'd like to call that something different, as it has completely
> > different behavior.  We could do the same for btrfs and zfs.
> > At container start, we want $rootfs to be treated as a simple dir
> > backed container.  At clone time, we want to bypass manual copying
> > of files and backing store - but not of the updating of the files -
> > in favor clone of all of $lxcpath/$container/.
>
> I'm not sure, I see the problem here. Can you elaborate it?

Right now if we say

	lxc-create -t ubuntu -n u1 -B zfs

that means make the rootfs be type zfs.  Where/how should it be
specified that $lxcpath/$lxcname should be a new zfs, not
$lxcpath/$lxcname/rootfs?  'zfs.mounttype = [whole | rootfs]' ?
Something like that would be ok for me, my main concern is actually
that the special casing in lxcapi_create() and lxcapi_destroy()
be done cleanly and concisely.  But yeah it should be possible.  Do
you mind sending a patch?

-serge