[Lxc-users] Bonding inside LXC container

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Mon Nov 18 07:46:41 UTC 2013

Dear Yao,

I have no experience with the macvlan device because I even can't find a clear documentation and I wonder if there is one her to give an abstract and howto for it. In my diagram I meant to use lxc.network.type = phys to directly reach through the NIC device.

Reading https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt i got the notion that the bonding driver is strongly related to the physical network drivers. I don't think that it will work with virtual devices like macvlan or even veth as basic devices, but I may be wrong with this.

>I'm not sure but I doubt it may be Network namespace or something similar that brings about this problem.
I was able to google out a thread "Bonding simplifications and netns support" on the kernel.org mailing list. It's from end of 2009 but I think it's irrelevant nowadays.