[Lxc-users] Fwd: Fwd: LXC and sound in container -

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun Nov 17 18:05:02 UTC 2013

Hey...

On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 11:44 -0500, brian mullan wrote:
> Attached is a v2.0 writeup of how I configured Sound in my LXC
> containers.

> Please note that this document is based on further research into how
> PulseAudio can be configured and because of what I learned is both
> much shorter & less complex to setup sound in LXC.

> See the attached libreoffice .ODT file for the updated information.

That's really interesting.  Good job.

I also have a personal use case for this that, ironically, has nothing
to do with LXC Containers.  I've got a little backburner project at home
of setting up a little audioserver using a Raspberry Pi I can park
around (outdoors during the summer) and drive a remote setup connected
over WiFi.  For some reason, it never dawned on me to just remote the
audio over the network using PulseAudio.  Nice.

> Brian Mullan

Regards,
Mike