[Lxc-users] Is there any document on networking?

Magicloud Magiclouds magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 06:22:31 UTC 2013

Thank you for the reply. I may be not clear in the original question.

For example, in KVM, the system setup a virtual network device pair in
host, and added on end to bridge. So when an program is using the other
end, its communication will be bridged to actual hardware. And KVM exposes
a virtual network device to the guest and links it to "the other end". And
in guest, it is just a normal network device.

But in LXC, first of all, it does not vitualize hardware. The guest is just
a child process of LXC. Then, how does it make the guest using "the other
end"? The guest is just using general socket APIs.

竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞