[Lxc-users] a mistake from LXC website

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 8 15:53:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 05:22:28PM +0800, Qiang Huang wrote:
> Hi, list:
>
> Hope website administrator can see this.
>
> http://linuxcontainers.org/
> In the beginning part,
> ===
> Current LXC uses the following kernel features to contain processes:
>
> Kernel namespaces (ipc, uts, mount, pid, network and user)
> Apparmor and SELinux profiles
> Seccomp policies
> Chroots
> Kernel capabilities
> Control groups (cgroups)
> ===
>
> Here *Chroots* actually should be *Pivot_root*, right?
> This could be important information for some users as I know, think
> we should fix it :)

Well, most people have no idea what pivot_root does but are familiar
with chroots, so that's why I tried to avoid mentioning what's
essentially implementation details.

Anyway, I've now added (using pivot_root) next to the Chroots line which
should be enough for anyone wondering about the implementation details.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer