[Lxc-users] Regarding creating a LXC container in fedora 17

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri May 24 16:22:55 UTC 2013

On 05/24/2013 12:10 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 12:09 -0700, jjs - mainphrame wrote:
>> Interesting. I didn't realize how spoiled I am and how easy I have it with
>> lxc on ubuntu!
>
> Don't get too too comfortable.  I don't know if Ubuntu is transitioning
> to systemd yet or not (or planning to or creating a new alternative) but
> this was a talk tease from a talk delivered by my friend and co-guru
> Mark Torres (formerly of Suse fame) to the Atlanta Unix Users Group a
> couple of months ago...

Ubuntu has no plan to switch to systemd, upstart is actively developed
and maintained and has been proven to work extremely well with LXC
containers (the fact that I'm an upstream contributor of both upstart
and LXC may have helped there).

Ubuntu does provide some of the DBus systemd APIs however so that people
don't need to support two APIs and we also run some of the systemd
helpers like logind but the main init system is upstart and we have no
plan of changing that.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer