[Lxc-users] errors

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu May 23 20:07:32 UTC 2013

On 05/23/2013 09:47 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> The lxc lock had nothing to do with the segfaulting - and no, the new
> hanges will simply swap out use of named semaphore for a flock on an
> open fd (so that they get auto-cleaned if process is killed).  Any
> potential for segvs *should* be found while I test.

OK

>> I'm just interested, wheter it's safe to upgrade to the latest
>> version in the next few days. Unfortunately there is only daily ppa
>> for 0.9 tree.
> raring and saucy are based on 0.9.
>
> For the most part the daily ppa is actually very stable.  It goes
> through quite a bit of automated testing before it gets published.
> It's what I use on my main dev box, though when I"m working on something
> that takes a few days, I sometimes end up a few days behind while I
> test my feature.

Yes, I know and I use it in production on a couple of servers.

Thanks to you!

> I think this is the second time a bug has been exposed mainly through
> lxc-list (because it uses quite a bit of the api), so lxc-list should
> be added explicitly to the testsuite.

You mean lxc-ls?

BTW, lxc-list:

# lxc-list
WARNING: lxc-list is deprecated, please use lxc-ls --fancy.
          This symlink will be dropped in LXC 1.0.

NAME     STATE    IPV4        IPV6  AUTOSTART

I use this alias as  an lxc-ls --fancy:

alias lxc-list='lxc-ls --fancy --fancy-format name,state,ipv4,autostart'

Whould it not be better if lxc-list would be left as it is now, or even it's behaviour would be
defined in /etc/lxc or /etc/default/lxc.

Something like:

LXC_LIST_SWITCHES="--fancy --fancy-format name,state,ipv4,autostart"

Just a stupid idea.

tamas